This document provides information on how we process and protect your personal information as required by the relevant data protection legislation including the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) describes how organisations, including Sullivan Insurances Limerick Ltd. must collect, handle and store personal information.
To comply with the law, personal information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully.
The GDPR and this policy apply to all of Sullivan Insurances (Limerick) Ltd personal data processing functions, including those performed on customers’, clients’, employees’, suppliers’ and partners’ personal data, and any other personal data the organisation processes from any source.
Why are we collecting/processing your data?
As a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, the provision of your personal data is considered a legal contractual requirement. It is vital to ensure lawful, fair and transparent processing. Failure to provide this information means we will be unable to initiate or proceed with a quote or process a claim on your behalf.
The type of data we collect
We collect and process a range of information about you, including the following
- Your name, date of birth, home address, risk address and relevant Eircode’s
- Your personal e-mail and/or business e-mail
- Your telephone number/mobile number
- Your driving licence number, your PPS number and passport number
- Any convictions, claims history
- We record calls for regulatory, training and quality purposes
Who we share your data with
- Your representatives, including but not limited to a spouse/partner or other person insured under your policy or your legal representative.
- Our representatives, including but not limited to our employees, agents and companies that we rely on to provide various services, including telecommunications, data storage, document destruction, credit checking, IT and complaints handling.
- An Garda Síochána and other law enforcement agencies to detect, investigate or prevent possible criminal activity and fraud.
- When handling a claim; the relevant insurance companies, witnesses and third parties to a claim.
Retention of your data
- We will not keep personal data in a form that permits identification of data subjects for longer a period than is necessary or legally required in relation to the purpose for which the data was originally collected.
- Please ensure you have permission before providing us with personal data relating to those persons named under your policy.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to not be evaluated on the basis of automated processing – you have the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing which significantly affects you (including profiling)
- Right to make a complaint – in the event that Sullivan Insurances (Limerick) Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
Subject Access Requests
All individuals who are the subject of personal data held by the company are entitled to request the personal data we hold.
Subject access requests from individuals should be made by post, addressed to the Data Protection Officer at 4 Upper Hartstonge Street, Limerick. The data protection officer can supply a standard request form if necessary.
The data protection officer will aim to provide the relevant data within 30 days.
The data protection officer will always verify the identity of anyone making a subject access request before handing over any information.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Sullivan Insurances (Limerick) Ltd. or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with Sullivan Insurances (Limerick) Ltd. Data Protection Officer in writing at 4 Upper Hartstonge St., Limerick.